Friday, January 13, 2012

Touch of Grey by Grateful Dead

Touch of Grey by Grateful Dead 




Must be getting early, clocks are running late.
Paint by number morning sky looks so phony
Dawn is breaking everywhere, light a candle, curse the glare
Draw the curtains I don't care, but it's alright
I will get by, I will get by, I will get by, I will survive.

I see you've got your list out, say your piece and get out
Guess I get the gist of it, but it's alright
Sorry that you feel that way.
The only thing there is to say
Every silver lining's got a touch of grey
I will get by, I will get by, I will get by, I will survive.

It's a lesson to me, the ables, and the bakers, and the seas
The abc's we all must face, try to win a little grace.

It's a lesson to me, the deltas and the East and the freeze
The abc's we all think of, try to heed a little love.

I know the rent is in arrears, the dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears, but it's alright

Cow is giving kerosene, kid can't read at seventeen
The words he knows are all obscene, but it's alright
I will get by, I will get by, I will get by, I will survive.

Shoe is on the hand that fits, there's really nothing much to it
Whistle through your teeth and spit, but it's alright

Oh well a touch of gray, kinda suits you anyway,
That was all I had to say, but it's alright
I will get by, I will get by, I will get by, I will survive.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOaXTg3nAuY&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment