Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Chiquita Banana Crime Rhyme

 The following I first, (and last), heard in the 1970's from a musician who I shared a house with in Oakland, California.I may never know if he was the one who wrote it.I don't remember either asking or receiving an answer.
However the words seem to have stuck in my brain ever since and I repeat them here now.Upon listening to the  CHIQUITA BANANA SONG 1940's ,the rhythm of my old friend's song does seem perhaps to have been inspired in part by it so maybe another musician can put this to guitar.:

Chiquita Banana Rhyme

I'm  Chiquita Banana and I'm here to stay,
South of the border down past Mexico way,
Shipped up north to the United States,
Hope you find a tarantula when you open the crates,
Uncle Sam we thank you for your foreign aid,
Just like in Viet Nam you're just trying to establish fair trade.




CHIQUITA BANANA SONG 1940's
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4572897914467589495

No comments:

Post a Comment